Adult Day Services offers opportunities for chronically ill, frail, or impaired adults to maintain or improve their level of function in order to remain independent for as long as possible.
It can prevent premature or inappropriate institutionalization for adults who need some supervision during the day.
Adult Day Services offers respite for those who are giving care to loved ones who are cared for in the home.
In a warm, friendly, and stimulating environment, participants are offered opportunities to socialize, enjoy recreational activities, and receive medical, social, and rehabilitation services in an individualized plan of care by professionals.
Brandy Trader, LBSW, Program Director
What services are offered?
– Nursing and personal care
– Recreational, educational, and therapeutic activities
– Social Services, counseling, and referral
– Nutritional meals and snacks
– Exercise and rest
– Health screening and monitoring
– Assistance with medication and treatments
– Consultation with personal physician and caregiver on behalf of the participant
– Rehabilitation therapies on site
– Arrangement for other services such as podiatry or nutrition counseling
– Diabetic counseling
– Safe, stimulating, and beautiful atmosphere
How often does someone participate?
The center is open Monday through Friday as well as some holidays. Participation in our Medical Day Care is on a daily, scheduled basis.
What are the fees?
Fees vary, but are based on the non-profit cost for each day of care, or each service. Some financial assistance is available through the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The center is a Medical Assistance provider of Skilled Adult Medical Day Care. We are also an approved provider for the Veteran’s Administration for Day Care services. If your loved one does not qualify for any these assistance programs, private pay fees are less than nursing home facilities per day.
How can I apply?
Applications are accepted from individuals, family members, social and health agencies, physicians, clergy, and other concerned persons for adults aged 16 and older needing Adult Medical Day Care. Please contact us by phone or email to start the application process.